The funning thing about writing this blog post is the fact that I personally have no shame in telling people what I want them to do and here is why. One thing is, I do not have to show my face. As a matter of fact people think that I am simply a bunch of words on a page. Think what you might, but as long as you follow what I have to say next, you will start to see sales.
If you want to encourage people to click a button, such as a “learn more” or “buy now” button, there are several strategies you can use to persuade them. Here are 8 ways to segue into encouraging people to click a button before it gets taken down:
- Offer a limited-time deal or discount: By highlighting that the offer is only available for a limited time, you can create a sense of urgency and encourage people to act quickly.
- Use scarcity language: By stating that there are only a few spots left, or that the product is in high demand, you can create a sense of scarcity and encourage people to act quickly.
- Use social proof: By highlighting the number of people who have already clicked the button, you can create a sense of popularity and encourage others to follow suit.
- Use action-oriented language: By using words like “start,” “claim,” or “get,” you can encourage people to take action.
- Offer a risk-free guarantee: By offering a money-back guarantee or a risk-free trial, you can reduce the perceived risk of clicking the button and encourage more people to take action.
- Use testimonials: By sharing real-life success stories or testimonials from satisfied customers, you can build trust and encourage more people to click the button.
- Use scarcity images: By using images that show a limited quantity or a countdown timer, you can create a sense of urgency and encourage people to act quickly.
- Use urgency-inducing colors: By using colors like red or orange, which are associated with urgency, you can encourage people to take action.
- Use a countdown timer: By showing a countdown timer that displays how much time is left before the offer expires, you can create a sense of urgency and encourage people to act quickly.
Now, if these techniques appear to be harsh and irrational, remember this is the internet and not some home town paper in a town where everyone knows your name. The internet is the wild wild west and only the successful survive. The older folks that have been around for a long time, may not make a lot of sense- most of the time, but if you listen carefully and follow instructions, you will see some success.